Friday, October 16, 2009

Ford's Autoconnexion Still Uses Crappy Castrol Motor Oil


Here I am at Ford's Autoconnexion service centre again, waiting for my car to be serviced. Again, I'm wondering why I should bother to come back here once the 3-year warranty period for my Ford Focus S2.0 is over.
Why? It's because of my sheer displeasure with Castrol motor oil.
Yes, Castrol sponsor's Ford rally teams and has been a key player in Ford's string of successes in WRX. But that doesn't mean Castrol motor oil is necessarily good for my Ford Focus S2.0.
My bad experience with Castrol began when Ford's Service Centre in PJ offered to put the Castrol Edge 0w30 oil into my engine to make it lighter and smoother.
Bull! For a while, the engine felt lighter, but then, it became jerky and inexplicably rough.
So, I swapped the stupid 0w30 oil for the Castrol Magnatec 10w40 oil. Although the roughness and jerkiness dissipated, they didn't really go away.
In fact, at times, the engine became really jerky and rough.
What the hell?
Out of desperation, I bought a 4L bottle of PETRONAS Syntium 3000 5w40 motor oil and topped up my Focus' engine oil.
Lo and behold, the jerkiness dissipated to almost non-existent.
No doubt the damage by Castrol motor oils has been done, the Syntium 3000 managed to rehabilitate my engine, albeit slowly.
So, here I am, at Ford's Autoconnexion service centre, waiting for my car to be ready. As soon as it's done, I'm going to whip out the Syntium 3000 and, in plain sight of the supervisors and mechanics, top up my engine oil with it.
Early next year, I'm going to have a little chat with the manager of the service centre. If he won't let me use Syntium 3000 fully for the next oil change, I'm taking my business elsewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment