Friday, August 21, 2009

Stupid Maybank - To Replace My Lost Passbook, I Need to Change My Account Number?

What the frek? I lost my old passbook and, to get a replacement, I was advised to change my account number by the front desk Maybank customer relations employee.
Why? Well, if I didn't, I'd have to pay RM15 just to keep the same number, plus a host of other "administrative" fees.
How the frek did that come to be? Doesn't Maybank know that one's main savings account is linked to all sorts of transactions, the most important being one's salary?
Just to save about RM50+, I should change to a new savings account?
This is probably the stupidest thing I've experienced with Maybank.
"You know what? Forget it," I told the customer relations girl. "It's just too much trouble. Everything's pretty much online these days anyway. Why must I even bother?"
But then, future transactions could very well involve the use of a passbook, like applying for EPF payments, etc. Well, if I ever need to use a passbook, considering how stupid Maybank is, I might as well go to a competing bank and start afresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment