Monday, August 17, 2009

New Saga that Comes with 1.6L Campro Engine


Hmm... I didn't realise that Proton has started producing and selling New Sagas with 1.6L engines - I only found this out after checking the Proton Edar website for information on the New Saga SE. The introduction of the 1.6L variant makes New Sagas a little more interesting, actually; a lot more than the introduction of the SE variants.
With such a small body, the 1.6L engine turns the New Saga into a potential pocket rocket. Of course, if there are any on the roads, I don't think I would have noticed, if only because my Ford Focus S2.0 tends to out-gun and out-run most Proton cars.
Still, having owned a fast Waja 1.6L(M) car, I can imagine how nippy and exciting driving a New Saga 1.6L(M) can be. It's no Gen 2 CPS, but it can run - fast.
The New Sagas featured above are not the 1.6L variants but the SE variants that sport 1.3L engines. At RM46,000+ for the auto version and RM44,000+ for the manual version, the SE variants are more expensive than the baseline 1.6L variant, which sells at RM39,000+.
While they have upgraded interiors and slightly more stylish exteriors, SE variants are not as appealing to me as the 1.6L variant.
But then, I don't intend to get a brand new car anytime soon. So, all this is just academic.
Still, if I wanted to get a New Saga, I'd do away with the fancy trimmings and concentrate on getting as much horsepower as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment