Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Dad's First Car - Morris Minor 1950s

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to export my old blog entries at my Yahoo! 360 blogsite to blogspot.com. So, I guess, I'll have to start over.

On the upside, this gives me a chance to revisit some of my early blog entries on Grinner's Cars Malaysia. I hope it'd be good reading for my blog followers, old and new.

Let's start with my dad's first car.

After my dad returned from Edinburgh University to Malaya back in the 1950s, he managed to save enough to buy a Morris Minor. I can't find the photo of him standing happily next to the black old thing, but the picture above is close enough.

I don't remember my dad's car looking so shiny, but I guess it was an effect of the old black and white photo.

One day, when I have more than enough money to fool around with on cars, I'll get an old Morris Minor and do some major restoration work.

See http://www.classic-wheels.co.uk/morrisminor.htm for what this guy did with his old Morris Minor - super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment