Friday, August 28, 2009

Haa! Good as New


When I told my friends at the office that I've gone back to Ford to fix the dents and scratches to my car, some said that it'd be better for me to save money by going to some 'Ah Beng' for the knock-and-spray job. I'm glad I didn't.
Going to some Ah Beng would mean that the work would be sloppy and unsatisfactory, resulting in the car looking spotty. And it's not like I haven't tried it before - my old Waja got a patch job from some Ah Beng and was never the same looking after that.
Yes, I ended up paying quite a steep sum to Ford for the knock-and-spray job - RM995 to be exact - but at least my car looks good as new.
"I don't see the difference, papa," my son remarked, suggesting that he should have been able to spot the knock-and-spray job.
"Exactly," I replied, in that you're not supposed to be able to see that the car has been repaired and given a new coat of paint and lacquer over the damaged spots.
Of course, had it been a second hand banger of a car, I wouldn't have bothered to go back to the Ford dealership to fix my car.
But it's not.
My Ford Focus S2.0 is my baby and I'm determined to keep it looking pristine for as long as I can :P

No comments:

Post a Comment