Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ford Escape - Much Underrated, Much Ignored

There was a time when Ford cars were the preferred range of cars in Malaysia. Back in the 1980s, Ford cars were synonymous with style and performance.

Then, something happened that made Ford cars fall out of favour with car buyers. I don't know what exactly, but I'm guessing it has a lot to do with pricing for both first hand cars and spare parts.

For some reason, Ford cars became upper mid-range cars, albeit in Europe the blue oval Ford badge represented affordability (and still does).


But things have changed. Ford's new partnership with Sime Darby Autoconnexion is now making Ford cars more affordable again, a good example being the new 2.3L Ford Escape.

At RM135,000+ on the road without tax and insurance, the Ford Escape offers the kind of power and luxury that are usually found in more expensive SUVs or luxury 4x4s (see http://www.ford.net.my/escape_xlt.asp for key features).

More importantly, it's stylish and reliable, as previous Escape models have been known to be.
Personally, if I had to choose between a Toyota Camry and a Ford Escape. I'd go for the Ford Escape, but then, you'd expect me to say such a thing because I'm a Ford enthusiast.

Still, the Camrys are common these days and Escapes are not. So, if, like me, you prefer to look for ways to distinguish yourself from the crowd, you'd get something that's not so common and can turn heads, like the Ford Escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment