Friday, June 5, 2009

My Car, My Style - Don't Laugh!


Sometimes, I can't help but be amused by the confused styling that some car owners give to their rides. Take the Avanza above, for example. It has step-ups usually installed in a 4x4 but also uses what looks to be 13-inch rims with low profile tyres.

So, what's it supposed to be? A ground hugging 7-seater with 'tiny feet' that has step-ups to help people get in the car that's already low?

Hey, to each his own. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Still, I bet if the guy had enough money, he'd put in 17-inch rims with low profile tyres, along with other bling-blings.

How would I know? Well, when I was driving my old Mazda 626 back in the early-to-late 1990s, money was tight. How I wished I had enough money to put in 15-inch rims and low profile tyres.

But since I couldn't afford to, I had to make do with 13-inch rims and tyres so bloated they looked like donuts.

And that's life. We do what we can to get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment