Monday, October 24, 2011

Proton Finally Admits that It has Problems wth Power Window



Finally! Proton has acknowledged the long standing complaint about Proton cars having problematic power windows, albeit indirectly.

In the five years that I owned a Proton Waja, I repaired its driver-side power window twice. And I was considered lucky.

In the six, nearly seven years since buying her Proton Wira SE, my mother had to repair her power window around twice as well.

Well, thanks to the many complaints coming from people who suffer from power window issues with Proton cars, new Proton car owners now get a lifetime warranty for power windows. Otherwise, even more people would simply give voice to Proton's power window image problem, I suppose.

Still, while it is good for new Proton cars to have a lifetime warranty for power windows, it's better to not have power window issues at all - judging from my own experience with my Waja, the window could fail when I least expected it and getting it fixed would be time consuming.

In the five years that my wife owned the first generation Mazda 6, she never had a problem with any of the power windows in her car.

In the three years I owned the dreaded Ford Focus, I never experienced the slightest problem with the Focus' power windows.

This is something Proton should really take note of if it wants to survive in an open market.

No comments:

Post a Comment