Sunday, August 14, 2011

Getting to Know My "Red Gecko" Mazda 2


It's been a while since I blogged (so busy and so tired from work). In the time away from blogging, so much has happened, including getting a new car for my son.

After scouring the Malaysian car dealerships for the best looking and best value buy (for non-national car), my wife and I settled for the Mazda 2 sedan auto (1.5L) with LCD touch screen (with GPS navigation built in). At RM82,000+, the Mazda 2 was just at the right price point, especially with 3 years free service thrown in.

More importantly, having driven the car around for about a month now, I've come to realise that, moving forward, I don't need a big-engine car to get around quickly.

Yes, big-engine cars are really nice to drive on the highway, especially when you want to outrun tailgaters and overtake road hoggers. But at the end of the day, a small engine car can do just fine - or maybe I'm getting old and prefer to drive more like an "uncle".

Anyway, with a bit of money, I'm sure I can do up the Mazda 2's understated beauty simply by getting larger rims and lower profile tyres, but I'll leave that for later; much later.

And speaking of beauty, I never thought I'd go for a car that looks like a gecko - a bright red gecko. But over time, I guess almost anything can look good :)

8 comments:

  1. I have two cars.i love driving so much.
    i love to drive in hilly area
    Classifieds Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to say..bit this car is ugly..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa! Don't be sorry (you don't mean it anyway,eh GTI dude?).

    And like I give a f***k whether you think the car is ugly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tired of dealing with stupid people who don't understand simple English.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't tolerate stupid people on my blog site.

    My blog site, my rules.

    Not happy, go create your own blog.

    ReplyDelete