Friday, August 6, 2010

Cheeky Little Mazda 2 Hatchback

Cruising along the highway at about 140 Kph, I saw something bright green come up the rear. Curious, I let it catch up.

As I thought, it was a new Mazda 2 hatchback with an enthusiastic driver behind the wheel.

Easily, I could have outrun the green thing, but I moved over to let it pass. "Ooh! Not bad," I thought, as it zoomed pass.

And then the chase was on.

It wasn't my intention to race with it. I just wanted to know how quickly it could go.

As I suspected, the Mazda 2 hatchback wasn't all that quick, because it only has a 1.5L engine under the hood. I could have left it behind in my exhaust trail, but I chose not too.

Instead, I found myself admiring the cheeky little thing.

I consider it cheeky because it has all the 'blings' of a sports car - low profile tyres on 16-inch sport rims, sporty colour (bright green) and highly contemporary looks, as well as irresistible "smile" of an intake grill at the front.

Yes, it's pricey for a little thing like that. For about RM85,000+ on the road price, the Mazda 2 hatchback is not for your average Joe or Jane. Still, if you're in the market for something other than a Toyota Vios, a Honda City or even Kia Forte, then the Mazda 2 is really worth considering.

So what if it's not really a sports car?

The cheeky little Mazda 2 I trailed pushed all the way to 160 Kmh before I overtook it at 170 Kmh.

No, I wasn't showing off... oh, well, maybe just a little. But I really enjoyed looking at the Mazda 2 while trailing it.

And if I had the money, I wouldn't mind owning one either.
-----------------------

Addendum: The inside of the Mazda 2 hatchback is a little cramp, but that simply adds to its charm. When in it, I don't feel like I'm in a Proton or some other common car. Rather, I feel like I'm in a Mazda quality car that's light and spirited.

The Mazda 2 hatchback doesn't have the kind of accessories you'd find in a Kia Forte, such as push button start and keyless entry (which are standard for the Forte). Still, if you know how reliable and sturdy Mazda cars are, you wouldn't mind going without a few of such accessories.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Please visit our site storiesig to see top hashtag on tiktok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cricket betting india offers a one-of-a-kind and constantly updated resource for Indian online betting, including cricket betting tips. We provide you with the most up-to-date updates on cricket betting in India on Cricket betting india.
    https://www.bakespace.com/members/profile/onlinecricket/1013671/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time visiting here. I discovered many interesting topics in this forum. One thing I would like to recommend is that you continue to write such insightful blogs.

    https://trello.com/maja81252866/activity

    ReplyDelete
  4. ultimate rummy circle is an online betting website that offers a variety of guidelines and free betting tips that prove to be very useful for people just entering betting. It is among the top websites for betting in India.
    https://newspicks.com/user/6740676

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent article. It was a pleasure to read. I really enjoy reading such a good essay. Thank you very much! Continue to rock. https://baggybulldogs.com/community/profile/gul-ahmad/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit. This site has introduced me to a plethora of new topics. One thing I would suggest is that you continue to post such enlightening writings. https://emailfinder.medium.com/the-importance-of-mobile-apps-in-email-marketing-campaigns-2efc8263cc70

    ReplyDelete