Friday, August 27, 2010

Big Ass Honda Accord vs Kia Forte


If you are into pissing competitions on the road, here's a bit of advice. Don't buy a big-ass heavy Honda Accord that costs more than RM172,800+.

Why? Because when you meet up with a car like the Kia Forte 2.0SX, you're bound to feel really inadequate.

At slightly more than half the price of the Honda Accord 2.4L, the light-weight Forte 2.0SX has more than enough brake horsepower (BHp) and torque to out-accelerate the Accord 2.4L without really trying so hard.

And how would I know? This morning, on the way to work, an idiot in an Accord 2.4L felt compelled to test his car against my Forte 2.0SX (for whatever reason). Not content with hogging the fast lane, he felt it necessary to cut me off each time I tried to overtake.

"It's ok," I said to myself. "When we reach the toll houses, I'll leave you behind."

As both our cars got through the TAG toll gate, I accelerated my Forte and was overtaking the idiot's Accord. Despite having more BHp under the hood, his Accord was having trouble picking up enough speed to keep my Forte from overtaking.

So, what did the idiot Accord driver do to save his pride, he swerved into my lane and cut me off yet again.

I kept my cool - it's Ramadan or the fasting month after all. And so, I continued to drive at my usual brisk pace, while the idiot Accord driver was doing his level best at zipping in and out of lanes just to keep me from getting ahead.

But you see, when you're driving a big ass Honda Accord 2.4L with inferior acceleration, you're bound to be caught up in traffic. And that's what happened to the idiot in his Accord.

By chance, the lane I was in was relatively clearer than his. And so, I overtook him, finally.

Not content with just letting things be, the idiot did whatever he could to catch up. By then, I was already indicating to get into a via-duct, which clearly meant that the pissing competition was over and that the idiot in his Accord had lost.

Guess what the LOSER did? He blared his honk as he passed, probably out of frustration.

Disgraceful.

And I wasn't even trying so hard in my Forte 2.0SX.

No comments:

Post a Comment