Monday, November 9, 2009

How Sad - No PCD 108 for My Focus and No Lowering Coils

After work today, I thought I could indulge in some retail therapy as a way to blow off steam and focus my attention and energy on something other than work and on something I like doing - making my car better. Unfortunately, the 18-inch rims that I selected wouldn't fit my car and the lowering coils I wanted weren't available. Sigh!
The Eneos Bukit Tinggi mechanics had already taken off the old 17-inch rims to fit the new 18-inch ones. But since the 18-inch rims were not PCD108, they just wouldn't come on.
Dang! I forgot all about the stupid PCD108 requirement (which is the length between each wheel nut). While finding PCD108 rims would not have been a problem in Europe, here in Malaysia where Jap cars rule supreme, PCD108 is like something from another world.
Yeah, I can get Volvo rims if I look hard enough in Sunway, but I'd have to go to Sunway and deal with people whom I've never dealt with, and I'd probably get cheated as a result. Of course, I haven't tried it and, so, I can't say for sure.
Still, the prospect of going to over-crowded Sunway to look for sport rims at tyre shops I'm unfamiliar with isn't enticing.
As for the lowering coils, Eneos didn't carry anything compatible with my Focus.
Next time I buy a car, I'm going to make damn sure that its upgrade path is not as difficult as the Ford's.
Meanwhile, I'll just have to wallow in my sadness...
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment