Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Eyes on the Impreza STI


When Subaru came out with its new Impreza, I thought it was the ugliest design Subaru could ever come out with. But over a year later, I've set my eyes on the new Impreza STi.

The change came about after a little visit to the Naza Auto Mall off the Federal Highway in Petaling Jaya. Stacked up against loads of other super cars, the Impreza STi really stood out - the black-colour STi is especially impressive.

I know I said that I'm determined to stick to mid-range fast cars, especially hatchbacks. But having pushed my darling Ford Focus S2.0 to its limits (or to the limits that I dare reach on Malaysia roads), I can't help but feel that I want more.

At 145 Bhp, the Focus S2.0 is a fast car, but that's nothing compared to the Impreza STi's 306 Bhp. With that much power, I'd be untouchable... well, almost.

There are more powerful cars in Malaysia but, in Malaysia, you really don't need much more than 300 Bhp, what with road conditions and traffic being what they are.

Also, in the affordability region, the Impreza STi is just within reach - just.

Of course, at slightly over RM200,000 (from Naza), it'd be like buying another house. And so, I'd be very reluctant to get one any time soon.

Instead of paying RM1,000+ per month on my Focus S2.0, I'd have to pay RM2,300+ per month for the Impreza STi.

Will I do it? I dunno.

There's so much more I need to do with my money, like putting aside enough for my children's college and university education, my own retirement, etc.

But damn! I've been dreaming about this car almost every night since I laid eyes on it up close.

I know I'm going to both enjoy and regret buying the Impreza STi, if I ever get around to buying one. I'd enjoy it because it's one of the best performance cars in the world that comes with 4 doors!

I'd also regret buying the car because the fuel bill and maintenance bill would make me sengkek (broke) almost every month.

But damn! It's an Impreza STi. It's going to take a lot to keep me from buying this car when I save up enough for it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment