Friday, September 25, 2009

C200K - A Tail Happy Car

Sigh! There must be something about the way my Ford Focus S2.0 moves that attracts tail-gaters. Maybe they mistake my need for speed in my Focus as an invitation to a pissing contest - or at least that was how it appeared this morning when I found a C200K up my Focus' shapely rear.

The new C Class was so close, it looked like it was trying to ram something up my Focus' tailpipe.

Did I oblige? Never. I gunned the engine and accelerated further.

But being a far more powerful car, the C200K had no problem keeping up with my Focus, until we reached the bends in the road.

Those who are familiar with C Class reviews would know just how tail-happy it can be. So, while I had little or no problems negotiating bends at high speeds in my darling Focus, the driver of the C200K began slowing down.

And I don't blame him for doing that.

On the test track, the tail-happy C200K would shine by swerving its rear in and out to accommodate high speed turns. However, on roads with concrete-reinforced dividers and guardrails, such test track flair could prove disastrous.

So, while pissing contests can be fun, the C200K driver did the right thing - he saved himself from the agony of smashing his luxury car on a ego trip.

Haa! I'm the one to talk, huh?

Well, I too slowed down and reached the office safely. So, there...

No comments:

Post a Comment