Friday, July 3, 2009

Transformers II - Hugely Entertaining (Critics, Eat Humble Pie)


I really don't know what the fuss is about when it comes to Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. Mainstream critics tell me that there aren't enough reasons for me to like the movie from start to finish; that it's slightly better than shaite.
But box office figures are telling me something else; that Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen is a great movie to watch.
Granted, it's no 'Gladiator' or 'Lord of the Rings Trilogy'. But damn! It's so wildly entertaining, I just can't care less about what mainstream critics are saying.
And I can't help but think that mainstream critics are just a bunch of artsy-fartsy people who are so into themselves that they're actually disconnected from real-world tastes and preferences.
To begin with, I love the cars and trucks in Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. Bumble Bee, for instance, is especially good looking, with knife-edge side view mirrors, and shapely curves and lines, giving him even more character.
Optimus Prime is truly amazing looking and built like a Mack. And I just love his one-liner, "I rise, you fall...".
Yes, the movie's editing is really choppy and rough-and-ready, leading to some continuity issues, but, amazingly enough, it makes watching Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen similar to reading a Transformers comic book.
In their fervour to run the movie down, the artsy-fartsy mainstream critics failed to notice this, among other things.
So, mainstream critics, go eat humble pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment